Car Accident Tips from a East Providence RI Chiropractor
If you’ve ever been in a major (or minor) car accident, you know that it can be a traumatizing and life-changing experience. Even accidents at low speed that cause minimal injury (or none that can be detected at the time) can be potentially harmful. An injury to your neck or spine can be masked by adrenaline and stress. In short, you may be injured and not know it yet. Contact our team at our East Providence RI chiropractic office for more information.
The first 72 hours after a car accident are critical and a common injury like whiplash can go undetected for hours, days, or even weeks. You may have whiplash if you are suffering from any of these symptoms:
- Blurred vision
- Neck pain
- Shoulder pain
- Reduced range of motion in the neck
- Arm pain
- Neck stiffness
- Lower back pain
To reduce future pain or discomfort, whiplash should be evaluated within 72 hours by a East Providence RI chiropractor.
Bear in mind these 5 facts about car accidents and East Providence RI chiropractic care:
1. Just because your car is not damaged does not mean you’re not. Bumpers take a lot of the force of a slow-moving impact, but not all. The force has to travel somewhere and it travels through you. If in doubt always consult a East Providence RI chiropractor first.
2. Seat belts prevent you from being thrown against the steering wheel and from being thrown out of the car. You are, however, thrown against the belt. Shoulder injuries and whiplash are common symptoms and should be addressed by a qualified chiropractor.
3. Pain can take up to 10 days to show up after the most minor of car accidents. In particular, injuries to muscles, ligaments, and tendons can take weeks to manifest.
4. Even minor accident-related injuries can take up to 3 months of regular chiropractic treatment to show tangible and lasting relief from pain.
5. When you are in a car accident you are often jarred forward unexpectedly, making your head and neck especially vulnerable. After a car accident, it is always advisable to see your doctor as soon as possible.
For more information contact our team at DeCrescenzo Chiropractic - East Providence today.
INJURED IN A CAR ACCIDENT?
Most people only think about their automobile in an accident. Make sure you are truly "O.K." before you settle your case! Learn more...
HURT AT WORK?
It's important to understand that chiropractic care is covered by worker's compensation insurance, and is effective and cost-efficient. Learn more...